- How durable is the fabric of WinPet? Does WinPet work for Large Dogs?
The WinPet’s fabric is a result of a long R&D process after many trials. The design of the product with fabric technology is under legal protection with National and International Patent Laws. While its fabric technology is being developed, strength and comfort are kept in balance. Thanks to the elastane feature of the product, WinPet’s fabric does not tear even if it is bitten. However, if it is insistently rubbed on a sharp surface (lattices, walls, etc.) or crushed by biting, it will become deformed and may tear. Or if large dogs insist on scratching the same region with their paws, they may deform and tear the fabric. However, even in the largest size dogs, any problem is not generally observed in short-term recovery period (8-10 days). Additionally, if it is thought that it is impossible to prevent 30 kg and over patients from reaching the wound in the postoperative period, WinPet has been a solution to this problem substantially.
- Although it’s been three days since I started using WinPet, my cat is still walking by bending his legs. Is this normal?
Depending on the operation area, especially in cats; bending the legs (Crocodile Walk) during the use of the WinPet is accepted as normal for the operations performed under the abdomen and lateral walk (crab walk) is accepted as normal for the operations performed from the lateral abdominal cavity.
- What should I do for minimizing the risk of infection while using WinPet?
In postoperative period, there are different treatment protocols used by the veterinarians. However, our clinical experience in the patients using WinPet is in the direction that infection does not usually develop and recovery period is quite faster in the patients using suitable antibiotics with regular dressings as several times a day (preferably, with Rifamycin) without requiring dressing sutures in the recovery period.
- How can we share our photos and videos with you?
- My dog underwent an operation, WinPet was used but he cannot urinate comfortably and it smells. What is the reason?
In patients using WinPet, the product should be shaped according to the gender and body structure of the patient after the application. In male dogs, a Penis Space must be opened in accordance with the patient, and in the case of female patients, the Vulva Cavity should be definitely checked. The use of the WinPet by the patients should be followed in their natural environment for at least 6 hours. If the patient is not able to urinate and defecate comfortably, the product should be reshaped according to the patient. Otherwise, the urine leaking between the skin and the WinPet will cause infection in the operation area as well as irritation and odor in the skin.
- My cat / dog has common skin diseases (eczema, dermatitis, trichophytosis, etc.) on its body. My cat / dog is licking the pomades I used in the treatment without being absorbed, so he cannot recover. What can I do?
WinPet can also be used safely and successfully in skin diseases.
- My cat / dog underwent a caesarean operation and WinPet was used. How will the puppies/kittens be fed?
In patients who use WinPet after cesarean operations, the product should tightly wrap the body. In addition, nipple spaces should be opened under the abdomen by taking the small holes on both sides of the middle line as a guide.
- I put WinPet on my cat but after a few hours, I see that he completely removed the product from his body. What is the problem?
The neck cord of WinPet should be attached to the neck of the patient in cats and dogs like a tight leash. Otherwise, especially the cats can remove the product like taking out a catsuit from their bodies by placing the hind legs to the front part of the product. In dogs, the cord should be fixed to the leash if possible. Otherwise, it is possible that the product will accumulate in the patient’s body.
- My cat / dog underwent an operation but he is very active. Do his active actions damage his wound and sutures?
The risk of hernia will emerge in case the patient is very active in the recovery process especially after the operations during which it is compulsory to open a large incision line. This risk is partly eliminated due to the fact that WinPet will support the abdomen and the operation area with an extra power. Additionally, in very active patients, WinPet’s wrapping the patient’s body tighter than normal will lead the patient’s movements to become partially slow and calm.
- My cat / dog has not only wounds on his body, but also in his legs. Can I use WinPet?
R&D process of WinPet has still been continuing. There are prototypes of WinPet to cover whole body including paws from the nasal tip in large-nosed dogs and ear level in other pets to tail tip. It is not possible to use WinPet only for injuries occurring around the genital areas and the anus. Today, only our commercialized product is WinPet‘s Body Apparatus. In the R&D process, the design of the other parts of the collection has been developed for more practical use by the end user and they will be commercialized soon.
- After my cat underwent an operation, WINPET was used, but now my pet does not get up and makes sounds like it is suffering. Is he suffering?
After the operation, your patient absolutely have pain. However it cannot be caused by WinPet. Sometimes, the adaptation period in cats may extend to 48 hours. In order to shorten this period, the patient should wake up with WinPet after the operation and the product should never be removed from the patient for any reason. It should be remembered that WinPet is a medical product. It should be applied by a veterinarian and it should not be removed without the permission of the veterinarian.
- WinPet made my cat/dog sweat, is this normal?
There is no sweat gland on the skin of dogs and cats. They only sweat from under their paws. (https://winpet.eu/en/do-cats-dogs-sweat/) Dogs also regulate their body temperature via respiration. If there is a different wetness on WinPet other than normal, probably the dressings are not performed regularly or the wound may get infected. Or WinPet used is not suitable for the patient and the urine of the patient leaks inside the product. Please contact your veterinarian.